Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Scrappy Trip Along

Part One

The scrappy trip along has been loads of fun on Instagram the past month. A bunch of sewing mommas are taking part in this super fun quilt along. It's an easy quilt pattern that comes together very quickly and the results are interesting, an eye teaser for sure.

This is what my most recent almost finished scrappy trip quilt looks like. I used Kona solids in the bright colorway. I'm now getting ready to sew the batting and backing to the top, quilt, and then bind it. There are a few places in this quilt that blocks are 1.5" off but it is only the second real quilt I have ever made, so I'm chalking it up to practice.


The official website Scrappy Trips Around The World includes step-by-step instructions and lots of great examples, check it out you won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment